Sunday, July 26, 2015

Grandma's Dad

Grandma, what was your dad like? Can you tell a story that describes his personality or values?
My Dad - I often called him Pop was a very honest - hard working man. He was very responsible. His dad would wander from home and my grandmother would call him at his job or our home and my Dad would locate him and bring him back home. My Dad did not talk about his grade (sp? g) years - just little things - riding a horse to school when he was young and how they would cover the horses head with a 'gunny' sack when there would be grass fires. My Dad was a quiet man - he was highly respected by co workers. He was religious - noliving (sp?) his life was guided by right or wrong - yet I can't recall his saying the rosary or recite prayers. A priest stopped by the ranch and said he would go to a boarding high school if he would play football - he said yes - but how (sp?)?


_________________________________________________________________

I love that grandma called her dad 'Pop', that's what I call my dad ... he started out as Papa but I shortened it many years ago. I'd love to hear a few more of the little memories from her father's childhood. Also, some of the words typed above (sp?) I am not sure if I'm reading them correctly so if you have any insight, please let me know!

No comments: