Oh my - they are all those in every family. My Dad always said that Gen Sarsfield was a distant relative - of course distant because he lived and fought for Ireland after the British took everything good and left the Irish to suffer and die. Gen. Sarsfield went to France - for thease (sp?) to help. History books may explain more about Gen. Sarsfield. when Maggie and I were in Ireland I had said how much I would like to see this famous statue of Patrick Sarsfield - we finally found it and also very large official building named Sarsfield and a large bridge over water - (can't remember was it over a bay or a river - but impressive
_____________________________________________________________________
This post got me researching General Patrick Sarsfield and so neat to think about our family coming out of the middle ages in Ireland! And then I got a little history lesson on the Jacobites, the Stewarts and Tudors and all around royal drama!
This post got me researching General Patrick Sarsfield and so neat to think about our family coming out of the middle ages in Ireland! And then I got a little history lesson on the Jacobites, the Stewarts and Tudors and all around royal drama!
1 comment:
Just visited with an old man from Ireland, Seamus Daley, and he said, "Sarsfield" was also the secret password during that war in 1690.
Post a Comment