I grew up in two houses. The first house was bought about a month before I was born. At this time I had an older brother - Jack (His legal name John Joseph after my Dad). It was small - as I grew 'we made due'. When I was young my brother and I shared the bedroom. Winter time I played in the basement - roller skated around the wood burning furnace. Everything was small - but it was like everyone else's - our backyard was fun - swing and flowers behind the garage = it probably wasn't big = just memories. I returned and met the people who bought this house - this would be like seventy years after I was born. They invited me in - I kept saying " this house is so small for me and two brothers and my Mom and Dad".
______________________________________________________________
This might be my favorite entry. I know how much grandma loves houses and I can tell where it all began, this home is very special to her. I don't know the exact address but I do know that she grew up in what is now a very desired neighborhood in inner NE Portland.
1 comment:
2745 NE 35th
Portland Oregon
I will try to include a photo, as we drove by that house on the way to her reunion at the Madeleine School a few years ago!
Post a Comment