Hey everybody, how are the squares coming along? So we just have a couple of weeks to get all of these done. This is what I have so far on my square... (above)Basically, I just cut out different shapes, turned under all edges and sewed them (so they won't fray) and now I am in the process of attatching all the pieces onto a piece of fabric which is a 13x13 inch square.
I don't know if that will help all of you, but it was much easier for me than trying to design something and sew them all together. This applique idea works for me, though I know we all have different styles- what is easy for you will probably be impossible for me. So nonetheless, do what comes easy and natural for you.
The picture below are two pictures from Grandma's garden- to inspire you :)
so please by all means call me for my address. I am not going to post either my address or phone number on the web though.
Remember- July 15th is our goal date!
PS send me pictures of your progress and I will post them to the site so we all can check out how we are all coming along.
3 comments:
WOW!
double wow.
7/8
Hi! I spoke with Aunt Maryjo this morning & she told me about "FUSIBLE WEB!"
A wonderful + useful material for appliqueing on quilts!!!!
Sounds GREAT, so I'm off to our local quilt shoppe, as I definitely need HELP with some of my fabric designs.
Did you receive any photos of other squares yet?
Call me!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mum*
Post a Comment