Oh how I loved houses and designing them - I was always drawing them out. My Dad and I would go through the new house that were being built all around us in Northeast Portland.
I wanted to work when I was a teenager - my Dad said no to working in the offices of the shipyards and he knew someone who could give me a job in a clothing store in downtown Portland - a safe job he thought - and it was - it was 'war time' - but it was fun - later in my working summers I was a college rep a the store. This ____ pictures in ads and store windows.
______________________________________________________________
Wow - sounds so familiar - I spent many years planning and designing dream houses. It seems like this is a common passion in our family :) and I know how Grandma loves to hear about all of our houses, continuing to quench her thirst for good design and how to make things work! I am so curious about her statement "- a safe job he thought ..." what did her Dad not know?! And modeling for the college, I wonder if any of these prints still exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment