Monday, April 14, 2008

Less than a week . . .

So my sister is officially due in six days!

She thinks it will be longer but is hoping for sooner since her last day of work is Wednesday

What do you all think?

I think her baby will be born on sunday the 20th for a couple of different reasons:

1. sunday is a full moon
did you know that more babies are born on full moons than any other day of the lunar month?
. . . and little liam is a good example of that; the maternity wards in every hospital were overflowing due to the celestial line-up . . ok ok, i guess there isn't any scientific evidence but hey

2. the 20th is the birthday of st. rose
you may have heard the name sierra and thom have chosen for their baby . . . isabella rose, my sister's middle name is rose after st. therese (my mother's name) who was known as the little rose . . . so what does isabella have to do with st. rose, well her given name was isabel - and all of this was just found out recently when my sister was visiting st. rose's catholic church

and we've plenty of family birthday's in april:

kai turned eleven on the 11th
stephanie turned 22 today (the 14th)
aidan turns four on the 15th
elizabeth turns 19 on the 20th
and charlie turns 22 on the 23rd
any other's that i haven't been told about?

so happy birthday cousins!

ps. please respond with your birthday guess if you are reading this, so i know if there is even a point in posts, i know i know you are all reading it but sometimes i feel like i'm talking to myself :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess, April 21st. I have no reason other than wouldn't it be cool for Teagan and Isabella to be exactly 3 months apart.

Molly Blakley said...

Hiedi-
you make a great argument for the 20th, so I'm inclined to vote with you... but since Brigie has brought up the 21st, (both mother and son having been born on a 21), that one seems like a great day too!

heidi said...

thanks brigie and molly for making me feel like i'm not just talking to myself all the time. we'll see how many other family members get a chance to guess before the baby is born, which according to my sister - she'll probably be late

Anonymous said...

Aunt Maggie thinks the 27th is a wonderful day, it's my day, Andy's day, and Sierra's too? a perfect day for a baby!

Anonymous said...

Ellie and I think that the 21st is the day. but Isabella will come when she is ready.

Anonymous said...

well it's already the 21st, the full moon is now waning and i still feel her moving about, ready and happy yet not on her way- just yet. hopefully soon though as can't wait to see her face and the cute legs and arms that keep me up all night with their dances :)

AliceLouise said...

I'm not sure why, but I just have this gut feeling that Isabella will come as late as possible. Maybe the 27th or maybe even later? It is not uncommon for babies to come two weeks after the due date… both Kai and Aidan were due April 1st.

Aimee Marie said...

Hmmmm....I have absolutely no idea, but I love the picture of Sierra in the sunlight!! I will be really different and guess May 1...here are my reasons:

- May is the month when I finally feel like spring stops being bashful and truly opens her arms to the world.
- May 1st is a flower holiday... and Isabella Rose will most definitely be one of the most precious flowers we could receive.

I realize that this is very late, but as Alice aptly pointed out, two weeks "late" is perfectly acceptable! :)