HEY BYRNES
I am stuck on what Middle School I should go to!
1. Mountain Veiw ***
2. I.S.B ( International School of Beaverton) ****
3. Rachel Carson ****
or
4. Health & Science ****
One problem though, ALL of my freinds are going to Mountain Veiw,
and maybe 2 or 3 of them are going to I.S.B. I got interested in going to I.S.B
ONLY until I heard all of my freinds are going to Mountain Veiw....
In my saying "we're in a little bit of a pickle here"
NEED your suggestions Quick!
-Dalton
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
"International" sounds so cool...
and promising!!
How are all the sports in those other schools, as I know you are quite an athlete.
I'll ask Uncle Mike for his opinion when he gets home.
keep us posted!
Aunt Teri xo
ok. Uncle Mike is so happy for you; for the fact that you have such great choices!
He thought the Rachel Carson school must be great.....
But we really don't have any idea or current info on the schools.
GOOD LUCK Dalton & here's a belated birthday hug!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXX Aunt Teri
i think the international school looks awesome. it really seems like it will prepare you to be an inquisitive/respectful citizen of the world. if you're really into environmental sciences, i'm sure you can find it here as well.
well that's my vote dalton
good luck!
http://www.beavton.k12.or.us/isb/
Hi Dalton! Kevin is asleep, so I will ask Kevin his opinion on this in the morning. He grew up in Beaverton and has several nieces and nephews still attending schools in the area. Like Heidi, I vote for the International School for similar reasons.
Christine
Okay, I'm back from work. Do I have info for you! First off, your selection of schools sounds interesting.
Where are Rachel Carson and Health & Science located at? This month's copy of Portland Monthly at the library was highlighting the schools in the Oregon area, but Tina and I couldn't find either listed. Not all schools are listed - Kevin's nephew's science school isn't found here either.
International School is known for only 81 students currently, a 50% diversity rate, sixteen students per teacher and good scores on the standardized tests (better than 95%in both math and English) and no grade for the Oregon report card.
Mountain View has 322 students (much larger classroom size), 35% diversity, a B for the Oregon report card, they are making adequate yearly progress with scores of 74 and 78 on the standardized tests.
No mention of any extracurricular activities (a plus for Pat at St. Teresa's was the fact that it is the CYO headquarters for the east side - many games are played in their gym).
I still vote for the International School, but I've always thought that schools with another reason for attending besides just learning were cool. We attempted daVinci earlier this year but didn't make the cut due to being outside the district.
Good luck!
Christine
THANKS
I think going to isb will be good because i will get a better education, But its like a lottery so if i win then i will go to isb But if i lose i will go to the health and science school.
-DALTON
hey dalton, what subjects do you find interesting? do you know what you want to be when you grow up? and also do the schools offer sports?
i've changed my mind so many times now, but really am still interested in what i wanted to do when i was in seventh grade - architecture. all the schools sound good and you'll do well wherever you go, that's just the way you are! so don't stress about it too much and don't forget to have some fun - i know you don't need reminding
Please let us know how this turns out. Like Heidi, I have changed my mind many times since junior high, but for me, clerical work pays the bills.
Christine
Post a Comment