
I thought this just might be helpful so we can communicate our ideas with everyone easily. If anyone knows of a better forum, let me know.
So far there seems to be a couple interests that could fall under the same theme, "grandma's garden", or seen from her garden. This could include: apples trees (apples and blossoms), roses, oak leaves and acorns, view of the river or hills, sailboat (down on the river) or anything else that is special to you about grandma's garden. I also found out that the 80th anniversary symbol is *OAK*.
We are still working on the dimensions of each block, one idea is to have five rows of four (four across, five down). We could even have more blocks than 20 so if you want to do more than one, let us know, and also if you know of anyone who is interested but hasn't responded.
I believe so far we have:
1. aunt maryjo
2. my mom (teri)
3. aunt kathy o'byrne (and fam)
4. aunt maggie
5. aunt kathy (and fam)
6. aunt dede (and fam)
7. sierra
8. brigie
9. aimee
10. molly
11. me (heidi)
12. alice
13. stephanie
. . . anyone else??
(uncle tad, aunt helen, andy and patricia?????)
well i hope this helpful
love h
feel free to respond anytime
9 comments:
i'm just checking to see how this works : )
I for one will need a lot of help in "doing this" as I am not a seamstress (never sewn a stitch!). So expect a call Sierra or Heidi as the days go by and maybe you can give me some ideas on how to actually make it happen! Like come with me to a fabric store and lend me a sewing machine? Any ideas for someone like myself who does not sew? The desire is there but the talent is not.
Kathy O'Byrne
Way to go girls!!!
Please contact Uncle Bill and
Aunt Maryanne Sarsfield, too.
Aunt Maryjo may have their email address & so let them know about your blogspot for sure!!
Why not fabric paint?
Family Photo on fabric ok?
and you're right....
--> mum's the word :)
literally!
x x x
I would like to do a stylized rendition of grandma's mailbox with her roses around it*
@>-`---
I am sorry, but lets just not do fabric paint. for another project it would be fun yet for this lets do something sewn. (for the overall cohesion of the quilt)
heidi was thinking that people in pdx could get together and all sewn our square the same day- to help each other out. i'll bring a sewing machine...
Yeah, let's get the squares in by July 15th.
Thanks for the information you found Alice!
I'm gonna see if this works ...
http://www.geocities.com/swizzlegirl/diy.htm?200613#quilt
this is a website with directions on how to make a "crazy Quilt" square.
This means that all the pieces are random, which is a great idea if you have some leftover fabric or old pieces of clothing that you want to use (cut into small pieces
Nice....
:-)
Hi Andy and Patricia, thanks for responding. Basically, we want to make a quilt for Grandma's birthday as she is turning 80. So everyone will have a 12 inch by 12 inch square to contribute. You can use old scraps of fabric, cut up old clothes that you don't use anymore- whatever you want to do. On your 12x12 square you can sew together different shapes- it can be very random, or you can create a design... or- you could even have your square just one solid piece of fabric if you want. I know a lot of people don't sew, and I don't know if you guys do. a needle and thread is alright too. I can resew or strenghthen the seams later. so- that is the basic premise. hopefully everyone can get them in by around july 15 so we can start putting them together.
Any ideas? what do you think? Feel free to share them. I know we are all far away it's just nice to know what people are thinking and doing.
Post a Comment